Dienstag, 21. September 2021, 15:00 - 16:00
Should UBI be providedby the UN?'
Webinar - 21st September - and an emerging research agenda on worldwide basic income
Tuesday 21st September at 15:00 - 16:00 BST.
This webinar is aimed at researchers, development practitioners,
activists and others interested in using cash to address global
deprivation and inequality. It will explore the potential of a worldwide
basic income, funded and provided at the global level, by a body such as
We are delighted to welcome the following speakers:
* Sarath Davala, Chair of the Basic Income Earth Network (BIEN) and
co-ordinator of India Network for Basic Income
* Aderonke Apata, founder of African Rainbow Family and Chair of
Manchester Migrant Solidarity
* Chris Nwafor, Executive Director of Africa Observatory
* Abdulrahman Adam, life sciences researcher specialising in neglected
* Paul Harnett, development economist and chair of World Basic Income
* Myself, Laura Bannister, Campaign Director of World Basic Income,
presenting our new research briefing 'A UBI for half the world'